Creating killer email marketing campaigns
There are certain steps you need to create an effective email marketing campaign. You can’t expect to send out a few measly emails and make huge sales. You need to think STRATEGY when it comes to email marketing.
Lead Capture Forms
The lead capture form isn’t used to advertise your company. It’s meant to collect names and emails that go straight to your autoresponder (which builds your email lists). You need to think about who is reading the form. You want visitors to take IMMEDIATE action – entice them with a SPECIFIC CALL TO ACTION.
There are a few strategies that you can use. Just remember you want them to ACT NOW. In return for their name and email address, you provide them with VIABLE information.
Give something away for FREE – One of the best ways to capture leads is to offer freebies that are VALUABLE and RELEVANT to your email recipients.
• Special Reports
• Free samples/trials
• Special discounts
• Free consultations
The Best Email Marketing Solutions
The best way to create campaigns is through email marketing software that simplifies and automates the process. Read through the software’s guidelines to learn how to create capture forms and autoresponders.
• Creates website sign-up forms
• Automates emails/autoresponder to email lists
• Allows you to create and send email dynamic newsletters
• Tracks web analytics and segments subscribers
• Performs reliable email deliverability
• Combines CRM with email marketing and e-commerce features
• Captures online leads
• Manages contacts
• Automates follow-up and workflow
• Collects cash and tracks sales
• Sends and tracks emails and surveys
• Creates autoresponders, RSS and blog feed tools
• Decreases lost emails with SpamCheck feature
How to Set up Autoresponders
Autoresponders in Aweber, InfusionSoft and iContact allow you to
send out emails as many or as few times as you want.
Autoresponders are powerful and can do a lot for your email marketing campaign. It’s easy to set up autoresponders:
• Subscribe to one of the following above programs. Some
programs such as Aweber offer a 30 day free trial.
• Set up your initial responder in the list settings. Make sure you personalize your list names (so you don’t send duplicate emails to multiple lists).
• Create your messages and send – write them in a plain text editor (such as WordPad or NotePad), or use the HTML option or the software’s templates (depending upon which software you use)
• Follow the software’s specific instructions to set up lists and send automated emails: Aweber autoresponder, InfusionSoft autoresponder or iContact autoresponder
Once you set up your autoresponder, automated emails that you create are sent out to your subscribers. You control what information you send to subscribers - content can be sent in “series” or increments (such as videos, reports, etc.).
How to Write Powerful Email Messages
As mentioned earlier, you need to make sure you give your subscribers VALUE when they sign up on lead capture forms.
Here are some helpful tips to use when writing messages:
• Remember that 95% of your email message needs to be HIGH VALUE CONTENT while ONLY 5% includes a personal invitation to get a free sample, free month of services, etc.
• Offer SPECIAL DEALS for members only – i.e. Buy products at a discounted price and include a money back guarantee (make sure you include that risk-reversal tactic!)
• PERSONALIZE your message – Mention their first name in the subject line and first paragraph to capture their attention
• Emphasize BENEFITS not features – How will your product or service solve their problems and make their life easier?
• Write ATTENTION-GRABBING subject lines – If you don’t capture people’s attention in the subject line, they won’t open up your message. Keep it simple but pack it with POWER!
This is a Guest Post by Zeke Camusio who is a serial entrepreneur, Internet Marketing expert and founder of The Outsourcing Company, an Internet Marketing agency with offices in Aspen, CO and New York. Let’s Do It!, his blog, is read by thousands of people all over the world.
Return to Email Marketing Table of Contents